Monday, September 14, 2015

MAC Studio Fix Fluid vs. Revlon Colorstay Foundation- Oily skin

These two foundations are constantly being compared.

MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15
     This foundation is one of the best foundations I have found for my skin. Since I am of Indian skin tone, the shade NC42 matches seamlessly not to mention MAC foundations always give a glow to the skin. I apply the foundation with a flat top brush and buff it into my skin for an almost matte finish. It has medium coverage but you can build it up to be full coverage. The texture is very smooth and it blurs imperfections. When it comes to longevity, this foundation lasts about 6 hours on my skin. It claims to have 8 hour staying power but I found that it really doesn't last this long. My mouth area seems to come off first. It has SPF inside , so a slight white cast will result in photographs. If you would like more staying power I would recommend using a good primer underneath. The feel on the skin is very smooth and it sets in a good amount of time.



Revlon Colorstay Foundation
    The Colorstay foundation is a cult favorite. It is a great drugstore foundation that some are heavily dependent on for flawless coverage. I am in the shade 360 Golden Caramel. I used the findation website to match my skin with the MAC foundation shade. The main problem with this foundation, for me, is the shade itself. It has so many pink tones underneath that it makes my skin look too dark. My skin is naturally more yellow toned and the pinkish tint of the foundation clashes and makes my neck and face look different.  This is a big issue with drugstore foundations. The darker shades are too pink geared (boycott anyone?). It lasts very long, however. I wore this at 8 in the morning and came home at 6 in the afternoon and the foundation did not budge, at all. I was amazed. It covers amazingly well. The coverage is medium but can be built up to full. I use a flat top brush to apply it and blend it to my neck to avoid the dreaded face mask look. It looks great in photographs. The bottle I have does not have any labels acknowledging the spf content. I did see the new version online has an spf of 6.





MAC- perfect shade match, 6 hour wear, matte finish, great texture,
Revlon- shaky shade match, very long wear, matte finish, not as smooth as the Studio Fix.
Both are great for oil control. They keep the shine at bay.

3 comments:

  1. How about you apply a setting spray, after you finished applying the mac .Under Revlon line 5 you mispell foundation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats a good idea. Findation is a website where you can find your foundation color based on a foundation that you already have. Try it out!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete