Friday, September 11, 2015

BEST CONCEALER FOR INDIAN SKIN- The Horror of Dark Circles

I am of indian descent and I fall into the category of indians with dark circles. They might not be severe but they are dark enough to affect me daily. This has been a constant struggle for me and it is one of my biggest insecurities. When I was in 7th grade my dark circles decided to pop up and ruin my life forever (LOL!). It didn't ruin my life but it did make it harder to be confident in myself. I had no idea how to use makeup at all and ended up using one of my mom's Dior concealer which was way too light for my skin. It was so horrible that some girls even teased me about it. I have only recently been comfortable without anything around my eyes and I think it's a great thing. I do like to hide my raccoon babies though and I believe I have found the most awesome concealer ever. Yes I said it.I am on my 6th bottle of this concealer and I don't think I can live without it ( even though I can, if you force me). The big winner is....... MAC Prolongwear Concealer. My skin shade is NC42 and I have to say that this concealer is a lifesaver.



Advice on wearing it:

1. Please moisturize your eye area sufficiently. Nothing looks good on dry cracked skin. I know this because I use neutrogena deep clean cleanser and it dries my eye area out. Imagine my reaction after putting the concealer on top of my dry eye area. Coconut oil or vaseline are both good to use overnight.

2. Don't use a sponge unless you wet it. I found that sponges tend to absorb the product more than brushes do. If you are using a brush then remember to pat and not dab. Patting will utilize the product better by providing a more opaque finish. Dabbing will take some coverage away.

3. You might want to set this concealer using a powder because it can get into fine lines and exaggerate them a bit.

Remember that if you keep 6 empty containers from MAC you can get a free lipstick by returning them to the store.

2 comments: