Monday, September 5, 2016

Maybelline Better Skin Concealer in Medium


 

I love trying concealers out especially if they have wonderful reviews on multiple websites. While nonchalantly browsing the makeup heavy aisles of Rite Aid I saw one that I heard lots of amazing things about, the Maybelline Superstar Better Skin Concealer. I picked
up the medium shade     right away and set out to try and hide these raccoon eye babies known as my dark circles.


First, the packaging is cute and convenient. It has a wand with an angled soft tip and is small enough to stick in your purse. The content is 0.25 fluid ounces. The wand makes it easy to just apply the concealer to an exact spot on your face. When applying the concealer under my eyes , I had to dip in twice for ample coverage for both underage areas. I used my beauty blender to pat under my eyes and over the lid as well. This blends effortlessly. It was so easy to spread and even out. The coverage is great as well. However, my dark circles are bluish and I noticed it looked a bit gray. There isn't enough yellow or peach ton win here to hide really dark circles. I used the LA pro orange corrector under it and it seemed to work out better. To apply I mixed a little bit of concealer with the orange corrector to form a peach tint. I applied the concealer over top and blended it out.Throughout the day, it wears well with minimal creasing. You definitely need to set it or it will crease more.

Overall, this concealer is really good for everyday wear under the eyes if you have dark circles that are not prominent. If they're really bad like mine are, then you can use an orange corrector to help with hiding them more. Obviously, you don't want to go through that extra step with the corrector but here's hoping that you don't need it every day. The gray tint isn't very noticeable. Happy concealing!

No comments:

Post a Comment