Monday, September 5, 2016

NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation- Oily skin


This was my first time using a foundation from NARS. I heard many things about the sheer glow one but I saw that people were loving the NARS All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation and decided to try it out myself. I am in the shade Syracuse. If you are an NC42 in Mac then this shade should be almost a perfect match.

Let's start with packaging. The foundation comes in a matte glass bottle with a pump (yay). Please excuse the dirty cap of my bottle. It looks very sleek and stylish and overall has a very nice look to it. The formula is AMAZING. It reminds me of water. They weren't lying when they said it was weightless. It is very runny so don't think you're going to pump some on your hand and then go looking for a makeup brush unless you like foundation stains (such a pain). I use a damp beauty blender to work one to two pumps on my entire face. It is easier to use your fingers to get the product on your face. I apply small dots all over my face and then use a damp beauty blender to bounce the foundation into my skin. This gives very good coverage and looks the most natural. It looks like your skin, but better. It also feels very light on the skin. The foundation sets to an almost dewy finish but doesn't feel oily at all. I have very oily skin so if it made me look even more oily, I would never have tried it a second time. This has been my daily foundation for the past two months since I purchased it. The ONLY downside that I found with this foundation is that it is not 100% transfer proof. I do tend to wipe it off with my hand if I do my face makeup before my eye makeup. Obviously, if you have this issue just do your eye makeup first and use a setting powder. I don't use setting powders so this might be the reason why I had that issue. Note, however, that even without setting powder my face does not look oily. As for how long this lasts, I have gone to work at 8:00am and came home by 9:00pm to adequate coverage. The only issue I saw was that my forehead became too oily and the foundation started to melt off a bit. I never touch up and never use powders so this is a pretty awesome product if that is the only downside. It photographs beautifully. No white cast, no line of demarcation. It looks super natural and beautiful. The price is pretty steep. I purchased mine at Sephora for about 48$. There is a great selection shades though, especially toward the darker skinned women. A single pump could ideally cover your entire face so it would last a while. I would recommend this foundation for girls who want glowy skin without the oily look.

No comments:

Post a Comment